A relaxed walk through the Tuscan countryside, following ancient trails in the Chianti Wine region
- The most natural way to discover the Tuscan countryside with the personalized attention of a small-group tour
- Hike through olive groves and vineyards
- Discover an ancient olive oil mill and a boutique winery
- Enjoy a delicious picnic break during the hiking
- Savour the wonderful products of this land: olive oil, wine and typical Tuscan products for lunch
EVERY DAY at 9:00am
Approx. 5.5 hours
Discover Tuscany's most authentic heart away-from-the-crowds and off-beaten-path: hiking across the gorgeous Chianti countryside!
Available for a small group of select guests our signature Hiking & Picnic leads you through flower-filled meadows and along silent country roads, into country estates and wineries. Immerse yourself in the pristine natural environment and admire some of the world's most heavenly views enjoying the privilege of a small group experience.
Depart downtown Florence aboard our minivan for a pleasant 20-minute drive.
As a first stop visit an ancient olive oil mill along the way: part of a noble countryside estate it boasts both ancient features and modern technology, and produces delicious gourmet extra-virgin olive oil. Learn about the centuries-old olive oil tradition and the pressing process, enjoy tasting the unique, full, flavor of the estate oil. A real Tuscan treat!
Then meet your dedicated hiking guide, a knowledgeable and friendly environmental expert, and set off for a memorable journey along a superbly varied trail.
Hike up soft sloping hills and down to verdant valleys dotted by olive trees and vineyards. Admire the diversity of the rock formations you see - limestone, arenaria and terracotta - and learn their characteristics.
Enjoy a welcome break in the cool shade of centuries-old oak trees and cypresses to relax and sample a delicious picnic snack, and hike on, to reach your final stop: a charming, small, boutique winery. Explore the small amazing cellar where their exceptional wines are produced, learn all about wine production techniques, and the secrets that lie behind the most precious blends.
At the end of the tour savor a typical Tuscan lunch: specialty local dishes served paired with the extraordinary blends of the winery you visited.
Transfer comfortably back to Florence aboard our minivan.
Each participant will receive the official hat
Time to relax before getting back to the city center by minivan.
Trail: 5 miles hike (about 8 Kms); hilly terrain
Hiking time: approx. 2.5 hours
Terrain: mostly dirt patch roads, forest path, grassland.
- Small-group tour
- Transportation IN/OUT Florence by comfortable Minivan
- Water bottle
- Official tour hat
- English speaking environmental guide
- Guided visit to an olive oil mill and olive oil tasting
- Learn about Olive Oil production
- Guided Hiking in the countryside
- Picnic break during the hiking
- Guided visit of a boutique winery
- Tuscan Lunch with wine tasting
- Free subscription to our Food & Wine Club (25-Euro value), to access special discounts online on wine and typical products
People on this tour: min1 - max12
FLORENCETOWN BOOKING OFFICE - Piazza Mentana 2red - Florence - SEE ON MAP
Please note that this tour is not suitable for children under 13.
Please note that Italy's law doesn't permit selling alcoholic beverage to teens under 18 y.o. so clients under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages.
We regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or with impaired mobility.
We recommend good walking shoes (no flip-flops!), a sporty outfit, as well as a sunscreen.
This tour runs rain or shine.
In case of heavy rain we reserve the final decision to stop the hiking and proceed in the comfort of a minivan instead. No refund will be granted in this case