Gelato and pizza cooking class in Tuscany: if you love pizza, you crave gelato, and you would love to discover the amazing Tuscan countryside this is the experience for you!
- Uncover the secrets for the best pizza and gelato in the exclusive atmosphere of a SMALL-GROUP tour
- Make your own home-made PIZZA from scratch in a fascinating kitchen in the Tuscan countryside
- Learn how gelato (italian ice-cream) is made
- Discover the Chianti Region and the Tuscan countryside
- Taste the Chianti Wine and learn about its production process right where it has been produced for centuries
- Get your Recipe Booklet and Graduation Certificate!
EVERY DAY at 6:00pm
Approx. 4.5 hours
Try listing among the best traits of Italy. Well, these certainly include pizza, gelato and the gorgeous landscapes of the Tuscan countryside! Combine your love of fragrant pizza and creamy gelato with a unique pizza cooking class in Tuscany, held in an authentic farmhouse.
A pleasant 25 min. drive aboard our comfortable minivan will take you to the peace and quiet of the rolling countryside, and the charming farmhouse where you will have your cooking class. Meet your friendly dedicated chef, follow him to see our organic vegetable garden, and learn about the best of the fresh veggies and fragrant Tuscan herbs. And onto the charming country kitchen, where shiny marble tabletops are ready with equipment and ingredients.
Follow your chef's skilled know-how, learn the secrets which lie behind picture-perfect scrumptious Pizza. He'll show you how to make pliable paper-thin yeast dough, and give you tips on how to prepare a zesty yet light tomato sauce to top it with.
Aprons on, it's your turn to get your hands floury measuring and mixing the ingredients, and to knead your dough to perfection! While it rests enjoy the chance to learn about Italian gelato, its history and heritage, and get an insider's view on how home-made gelato is made.
And then time for delightful fun: roll out your pizza, season and flavor it to taste! Once ready raise it with the flat pizza-shovel and slide it into the oven, let it bake savoring the fragrant scents and finally relish the unique taste of the the best Pizza you've ever had: the one you made yourself!
Dinner will include excellent Chianti wine and delicious gelato too! Traveling back after dinner enjoy a spectacular view of Florence: by night it lights up with myriads of shining lights which enhance the towers and landmarks. At the end of the experience receive an Attendance Certificate and a Recipe Booklet, to share the recipes you learned with your friends and family once back home.
Entertaining, instructive and easygoing. Our Gelato and Pizza Cooking Class in Tuscany is perfect for families seeking an activity where their children can learn about local culture in a fun and relaxed way.
*Vegetarians and/or those suffering from intolerance and/or allergies are more than welcome: vegetarian recipes, and/or other alternatives are available and included; thank you for kindly informing us in due advance.
- Transfer from Florence to Chianti wine region and back
- Small-group Pizza and Gelato Cooking lesson with a famous local Chef in a fascinating kitchen in the Tuscan countryside
- Use of apron and cooking utensils
- All ingredients for pizza and gelato making
- Dinner with Wine Tastings (soft drinks for children)
- Graduation Certificate
- Booklet with recipes
- Beautiful views of Tuscan countryside
- Learn about growing organic vegetables in our garden
- Suitable for vegetarians! (please inform us in advance)
- Free subscription to our Food & Wine Club (25-Euro value), to access special discounts online on wine and typical products
People on this tour: min1 - max16
FLORENCETOWN TOURS & NEWS STAND - Piazza della Repubblica, corner with Via Pellicceria (the Florencetown kiosk on the left of the APPLE STORE, under the arches) - Florence - SEE ON MAP
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
This tour runs rain or shine.
“So much fun!!! Guiseppe was awesome in helping us make pizza and gelato...the pizza was amazing...a must experience”
“Wonderful, fun filled evening. Our Guide & teacher was very friendly & knowledgeable and gave us some very valuable tips not only about making Pizza & Gelato but also about Florence and the surrounding area. The only down side was that the evening ended far too quickly.”
“Our guide and teacher was Matteo. He spoke perfect English, and is a very knowledgeable chef. It was a great experience and the food was tasty. I was a little disappointed that it was at a cooking school and not a farmhouse. I was looking...”
“I had a wonderful time on this tour. Lots of good food and a fun environment. I especially enjoyed how the guide had us all singing karaoke on the way back to Florence.”
“Great pizza and excellent chef, Marco. We really enjoyed the pizza and the staff were extremely helpful. Would definitely recommend!”
“Had a good time making pizza and watching gelato being made. We each made our own pizza and got to enjoy it with wine at the end.”