Horseback riding and typical Tuscan wine-pairing lunch. Depart Florence and discover the Chianti countryside!
- SMALL-GROUP tour in Tuscan Countryside by comfortable minivan
- Horseback riding in Tuscany tour among vineyards and olive groves
- Enjoy a spectacular visit to 2 different wine estate, a boutique one and an ancient one
- Tuscan Lunch with Wine and Olive Oil tasting
- Scenic drive through fantastic Tuscan Landscape
- No horseriding experience required!
Every Day at 9:00am
Explore the authentic heart of Tuscany away-from-the-crowds and off-beaten-path: explore the gorgeous Chianti hillside on horseback! The horseback riding in Tuscany tour is available for a small group (maximum 8) of select guests. It leads you through pristine woods and fields, into country estates and wineries, allowing you to discover Tuscany's heart and soul.
Enjoy the privilege of uncovering Tuscany's most genuine beauty in a small group, surrounded by a superb natural environment and soft country sounds.
Depart downtown Florence aboard our minivan in the morning, for a pleasant 25 minute drive to the nearby hillside.
Upon arrival meet your horse and have a brief overview lesson with your English-speaking escort, a horse pro, and then get ready to experience a horseback riding near Florence!
Once you feel sound and confident set off for a leisurely and easygoing 1-hour ride led by your local guide.
Ride along pastures and neatly groomed fields, hear the breeze caress the olive trees and admire verdant vineyards, and reach the first winery in a noble countryside estate. This is an ancient and renowned winery estate completely renewed but still operating with ancient methods.
Then, left the horses and back on the van, set off for the second visit: a small, boutique winery, in which you will explore the tiny amazing cellar where their exceptional wines are produced.
Learn all about wine production techniques, and the secrets that lie behind the most precious blends.
At the end of the tour savor a typical Tuscan wine-pairing lunch: specialty local dishes served paired with the extraordinary blends of the winery you visited.
Transfer for your Tuscany horseback riding tour comfortably back to Florence aboard our minivan.
NOTES: No previous riding experience is required; horseback riding hats (helmets) will be provided; children under 14 years old are not allowed on this tour
Difficulty: easy, relaxed ride suitable for all. Please do not expect to trot or canter.
- Small-group tour
- Transportation IN/OUT town
- Orientation horse riding lesson
- approx. 1 hour relaxing horseback ride through the Chianti countryside
- Professional horse Guide & Tour Leader
- Guided visit to 2 different boutique wineries
- Typical Tuscan Meal with Wine tasting
- Free subscription to our Food & Wine Club (25-Euro value), to access special discounts online on wine and typical products
People on this tour: min1 - max8
FLORENCETOWN BOOKING OFFICE - Piazza Mentana 2red - Florence - SEE ON MAP
Please note that this tour is not permitted for children under 14. Persons under 18 yo need to show an ID.
Long-leave pants and sports shoes are requested (no flip-flops please!)
The horseback ride is easy and relaxed and does not require previous experience. Please do not expect to trot or canter.
Horses can bear up to 220 lbs (100 kg)
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
HORSES & VINEYARDS
The tour departure might be cancelled due to rain.
We will do our best to proceed with the tour. However rain could prevent us from being able to offer an enjoyable and fully safe experience on the horse.
In any case, clients should show up at the meeting point at the scheduled time, or contact the office in advance.
In case we cancel the tour (and only in this case), guest options are:
1) Rain check to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability.
The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company.
2) 100% refund for tour cancellation.
In case the tour departure is not cancelled but anyway there's a chance of rain during the day, we will do our best to proceed with the tour, doing all we can to provide the horseback riding, possibly carrying out the tour with our minivan if and when the rain falls. If it does not stop raining, the entire tour will be conducted in the safety and comfort of the minivan.
Guest options in this case are:
1) Proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather - with the understanding that no refund or discount will be given if horses are not ridden due to rain, or if the horse riding tour is abbreviated due to rain. We will do our best to get you on a horse, weather permitting.
2) Rain check (of the same amount clients paid) to be used the following days or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company.
Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority, and proper rain gear is mandatory for guests choosing to "ride in the rain". No-shows will not be refunded.
“It was a small group of 3 so really had the time to speak with everybody. The 1/1.5h of horse really nice and relaxing. Good one if you want to take your day slowly !”
“We all had a wonderful time riding horses! They taught us basic skills and the horses behaved really well. They treated them very well with true heart and love. We enjoyed all along the half day. The local guide was friendly and helpful. Lunch was included and was better than expected. Wine tasting was satisfactory.”
“Claudia was an amazing host, not only she drove us to the location she gave us different information about the history of Tuscany. She was very nice and lovely.”
“The ride was fantastic on quiet and well behaved horses the prep before leaving was excellent.
The views while riding through the vineyards and olive groves was amazing.
The wine was good something for everyone’s pallet combine with authentic food for lunch. ”
“This tour is not for you is you are not in shape but I cannot say enough about how much we enjoyed it. They trained us on the horses before taking us out and made sure everyone was taken care of based on their skill level. The tour of the winery was fascinating. We were lucky to have a great group in the tour and we all enjoyed everything. Highly recommend this tour!”
Want to share this experience just with your partner or your family?
Discover our PRIVATE TOUR proposals.