Enchanting views and country breezes
- Private guided hiking tour in the Tuscan countryside
- Specialized hiking guide
- Memorable views
- Picnic snack along the way
- Guided visit to an olive oil mill, with olive oil tasting
- Guided tour of a boutique winery
- Tuscan lunch and wine tasting
- A fun souvenir: your official Tuscan hiking cap to take back home!
EVERY DAY at 9:00AM
Approx. 5.5 hours
APRIL 1st to OCTOBER 31st
Spend an unforgettable day outdoors hiking in the Chianti hills!
Feel the breeze, capture countryside scents and superb views, have a picnic snack outdoors, visit an olive oil mill and a boutique winery and savor the best of Tuscan cuisine.
Our signature Private Hiking and Picnic leads you down country roads, vineyards and olive groves allowing you to admire breathtaking views and discover the fascinating local heritage in an unusual and diverting way. Meet your private dedicated English-speaking driver at your hotel and travel to the convened meeting point in the Chianti hills.
Your professional tour escort, a friendly English-speaking environmental expert will be waiting for you. Off you go! Follow your tour escort on a scenic trail through the Chianti hills, take in the best of the Tuscan countryside hiking along the silent country roads, and stop in the best spots to capture the views. The landscape, truly idyllic, showcases a never-ending extent of silvery olive groves and vineyards dotted by honey-colored stone farmhouses and graceful Romanesque parish churches.
On the way, stop at a charming olive oil mill, to learn about (and taste!) the traditional Tuscan olive oil. Then reach a fascinating estate comprising a winery and country restaurant. Meet the expert winery staff and explore! See the grounds and cellars and learn about the techniques and aging phases which lead to a great wine. Crown your day with a luscious Tuscan light lunch, local traditional recipes paired with the best estate wines.
- The official hat is provided to every participant.
- Time to relax before getting back to the city center by minivan.
- Trail: 5 miles hike (about 8 Kms) in hilly terrain
- Hiking time: 2,5 hours
- Terrain: Mostly dirt patch roads, forest path, grassland.
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Transportation IN/OUT Florence by comfortable Minivan
- Water bottle
- Environmental guide
- Guided visit to an olive oil mill and olive oil tasting
- Learn about Olive Oil production
- Guided Hiking in the countryside
- Picnic break during the hiking
- Guided visit of a boutique winery
- Tuscan Lunch with wine tasting
FLORENCETOWN BOOKING OFFICE - Piazza Mentana 2red - Florence - SEE ON MAP
Please note that this tour is not suitable for children under 13.
Please note that Italian law does not permit selling alcoholic beverage to teens under 18 y.o. In compliance our clients under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages.
We regret to inform you that this tour is not suitable for guests on wheelchairs or impaired mobility.
We advise wearing good walking shoes (no flip-flops!), adequate clothing and sunscreen.
This tour runs rain or shine.
In case of heavy rain we reserve the final decision to stop the hiking and proceed in the comfort of a minivan instead. No refund will be granted in this case