Enchanting views and country breezes
- Private guided hiking tour in the Tuscan countryside
- Specialized hiking guide
- Memorable views
- Picnic snack along the way
- Guided visit to an olive oil mill, with olive oil tasting
- Guided tour of a boutique winery
- Tuscan lunch and wine tasting
- A fun souvenir: your official Tuscan hiking cap to take back home!
EVERY DAY at 9:00am
Approx. 5.5 hours
ITALIAN, ENGLISH, GERMAN, FRENCH, SPANISH
Spend an unforgettable day outdoors hiking in the Chianti hills!
Feel the breeze, capture countryside scents and superb views, have a picnic snack outdoors, visit an olive oil mill and a boutique winery and savor the best of Tuscan cuisine.
Our signature Private Hiking and Picnic leads you down country roads, vineyards and olive groves allowing you to admire breathtaking views and discover the fascinating local heritage in an unusual and diverting way. Meet your private dedicated English-speaking driver at your hotel and travel to the convened meeting point in the Chianti hills.
Your professional tour escort, a friendly English-speaking environmental expert will be waiting for you. Off you go! Follow your tour escort on a scenic trail through the Chianti hills, take in the best of the Tuscan countryside hiking along the silent country roads, and stop in the best spots to capture the views. The landscape, truly idyllic, showcases a never-ending extent of silvery olive groves and vineyards dotted by honey-colored stone farmhouses and graceful Romanesque parish churches.
On the way, stop at a charming olive oil mill, to learn about (and taste!) the traditional Tuscan olive oil. Then reach a fascinating estate comprising a winery and country restaurant. Meet the expert winery staff and explore! See the grounds and cellars and learn about the techniques and aging phases which lead to a great wine. Crown your day with a luscious Tuscan light lunch, local traditional recipes paired with the best estate wines.
- The official hat is provided to every participant.
- Time to relax before getting back to the city center by minivan.
- Trail: 5 miles hike (about 8 Kms) in hilly terrain
- Hiking time: 2,5 hours
- Terrain: Mostly dirt patch roads, forest path, grassland.
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Transportation from/to Florence city center
- Water bottle
- Official tour hat
- English speaking environmental guide
- Guided visit to an olive oil mill and olive oil tasting
- Learn about Olive Oil production
- Guided Hiking in the countryside
- Picnic break during the hiking
- Guided visit of a boutique winery
- Tuscan Lunch with wine tasting
- Free subscription to our Food & Wine Club (25-Euro value), to access special discounts online on wine and typical products
FLORENCETOWN BOOKING OFFICE - Piazza Mentana 2red - Florence - SEE ON MAP
IMPORTANT We inform all our guests that from August 06th 2021 every European Community citizens must show the Green Pass, as well as a document of recognition at the entrance of the main Italian monuments and museums as well as every indoor bar and restaurant
For guests arriving from outside Europe it will be required:
- a document of recognition
- a proof of Covid vaccination, or the negative result of the Covid test 48 hrs prior the museum entrance.
Those who do not possess the above mentioned documents will NOT be able to enter. No exceptions or refund will be made.
Please note that this tour is not suitable for children under 13.
Please note that Italian law does not permit selling alcoholic beverage to teens under 18 y.o. In compliance our clients under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages.
We regret to inform you that this tour is not suitable for guests on wheelchairs or impaired mobility.
We advise wearing good walking shoes (no flip-flops!), adequate clothing and sunscreen.
This tour runs rain or shine.
In case of heavy rain we reserve the final decision to stop the hiking and proceed in the comfort of a minivan instead. No refund will be granted in this case