The authentic Tuscany by Vespa tour: one day Chianti countryside excursion.
- Discover TUSCANY on board an ITALIAN ICON: a VESPA!
- RIDE in countryroads through OLIVE GROVES and VINEYARDS
- The first and original Vespa tour starting from Florence among the other Vespa Tours in Italy: 20,000+ happy clients!
- Visit a local winery and learn about WINE and OLIVE-OIL production
- Enjoy a typical Tuscan LUNCH (or dinner)
- The only tour with the TUSCANY TUK TUK support vehicle!
- Only in English or Spanish to preserve the quality of the tour
From May to Oct every day at 9.00am and 2.30pm / November: Mon to Sat at 9.00am
Approx. 6.5 hours
Tuscany by Vespa tour: drive along scenic and silent country roads through the hillside of Tuscany on a scooter admiring the sights, smells and sounds of the Chianti region!
The only Original Vespa Tour from Florence, the very first and most beloved shared Vespa Tours in Italy! On the go for over 10 years, with over 25,000 elated clients who enthusiastically vouch for us, and our ever-growing passion and dedication this is the most carefully planned and entertaining experience you can get. Join the Vespa Club, live the Italian Dolce Vita!
Helmets on, all off for an exciting day on the road!
Led by a local guide drive your own Vespa along the quiet, cypress-lined country roads of the Chianti area, capturing the best of the scenery, the countryside aromas and soft breezes!
Our Tuscany Vespa tours start from Florence: depart from downtown aboard our minivan in the morning, for a pleasant drive to the nearby hillside. A line of state-of-the-art Vespas will be there waiting for you.
After a briefing with your English-speaking escort, a Vespa pro, you will take a practice drive in the safety of our dedicated space. Once you feel at ease and confident … whizz off, following your local guide!
Enjoy the feel of the fresh country air as you admire the gentle fields dotted with silvery olive groves, tiny ancient parish churches and golden-hued farmhouses.
Take in the beauty of luxuriant vineyards and stop along the way for photos, and for a lovely visit to a famous local winery.
Explore their cellars and learn all about wine production techniques from the expert winery staff.
Drive on along flower-filled meadows and reach the delighful boutique winery where you will enjoy a typical Tuscan lunch (or dinner). Relish the unique flavors of seasonal local specialties, learn about the estate's approach to winemaking and savor the best, with a guided tasting of the estate wine and olive oil.
To ride an AUTHENTIC PIAGGIO VESPA, the Italian design icon, choose the "SINGLE" option.
Choose the "SMART" option to ride a smaller PIAGGIO ZIP scooter.
GET THE ENDOUBLE VESPA, BRINGING YOUR PASSENGER, AND PAY FOR THE 2 OF YOU! (option "DOUBLE")
Service is operated with original PIAGGIO 50cc scooters: the authentic VESPA or the smaller ZIP (both with NO gears). We also provide APE CALESSINO (3 wheeled Vespa, driven by a tour leader) as alternative if you do not feel comfortable driving.
Mileage: about 19 miles round-trip (30 kms)
Terrain: Mostly paved countryroads with little traffic.
Difficulty: Easy. Average speed 25 km/h (15 mls/h). Minivan support always guaranteed
A valid driver's license is required (you need to have it with you on the tour) and you must be at least 18 years of age. However, you do not need a motorcycle license. If you do not feel comfortable driving, you can choose to ride as a passenger with your partner.
- Roundtrip transportation by minivan to/from the departure point
- 50cc original PIAGGIO VESPA
- Typical Tuscan meal
- Wine and olive oil tasting
- Guided tour of a local winery and its cellar*
- Professional Tour Escort
- Support vehicles (minivan or Tuscany Tuk-Tuk)
- Monolingual: only in English to preserve the quality of the tour
*From the 1st of April 2023, the activity will include a guided tour of 1 winery and a visit to the iconic town of Greve in Chianti. There will be also a special gastronomic surprise!
Suitable for vegetarians! (please inform us in advance)
FLORENCETOWN BOOKING OFFICE - Piazza Mentana 2red - Florence - SEE ON MAP
A valid driving license is required (although you do not need a motorcycle license), make sure you have it with you on the tour, and you must be at least 18 years of age to drive, at least 13 years to be a passenger.
- Previous experience is not required but advantageous and highly advised. The tour operator reserves the right of final judgement in client participation of actual scooter driving or in client being a passenger, or to discontinue scooter use at any point of the tour. Any participant unable to drive scooters safely may ride double with a partner, or on the guide’s scooter if available or continue the tour on board one of our support vehichles (the Tuscany Tuk Tuk or the minivan, depending which is available) if unable to be a safe passenger as well. NO REFUND will be granted in this case. OUR FIRST AND FOREMOST CONCERN IS EVERYONE’S SAFETY. - This tour option entitles client to ride the iconic original PIAGGIO VESPA or Electric VESPA, but PIAGGIO ZIP scooters (which are smaller) are also available (SMART OPTION). - A THIRD-PARTY insurance for civil liability is INCLUDED in the price of the tour. As for any vehicle rental, please note that clients will be given two options to choose from, to cover vehicle damages (either one of these two will need to be chosen in order to rent the Vespa): subscribe an additional insurance (€20,00 per vehicle, not refundable) or sign for a guarantee deposit of €500,00 on their credit card. - Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them. - The maximum load the Vespa can tolerate is 170 kg / 374 lbs (whether one or two people, bags included). At check-in, Towns of Italy reserves the right to exclude participants from this tour if these requirements are not met. No refund will be due.
Provided that we will do our best to proceed with the tours, avoiding the rain and thus possibly carrying out the tour with our minivan until and if the rain should stop and street conditions will guarantee a safe ride.
If it does not stop raining, the entire tour will be conducted in the safety and comfort of the minivan.
Since we are aware that the experience running today, might not be the one you had wished for, we are hereby giving you the following choices, to be communicated to our Front Office Staff DURING THE CHECK-IN PROCEDURE:
1) Proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather – PARTIAL RIDE or NO RIDE due to heavy RAIN
Customers can decide to proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather with the understanding that if scooters are not ridden at all due to rain, or if the Vespa tour is dramatically abbreviated due to rain, customers will NOT be granted any refund or discount. We will do our best to get you on a scooter, weather permitting.
2) Reschedule the tour for another day, subject to availability. Please apply to the reception desk in order to ask availability for rescheduling the experience.
If no suitable date / time is available for the reschedule, you will be able to choose any other experience available, with an equal or less value, or eventually an experience with a higher value, paying only the difference.
3) A credit, called Rain Check, (of the same amount clients paid) to be used the following days or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to the client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possibly used in any other tour provided by our company.
Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority, and proper rain gear is mandatory for guests choosing to "ride in the rain".
We ask clients to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour departure, to check the weather conditions and choose accordingly. No-shows will not be refunded.
“The guides were wonderful, patient teachers (for both learning to ride the scooters and learning about the wine in the area). We visited one winery on the scooters just to see the cellar and talk about the wine, then another winery on foot where we...”
“Was a great tour, guides were knowledgeable, went to 1 winery for a tour and then dropped the vespas back at the house then walked to the next for a small wine tasting, finished with a group dinner”
“This was so much fun! What a great way to see the area. Our guides were great, the countryside beautiful and the food delicious. I highly recommend this!”
“Our trip to Florence would not have been the same without this Vespa tour experience! Our guides Veronica and Johnny were very helpful and friendly. Vespas, wine, dinner, beautiful scenery.. I mean what’s not to like?!”
“Our guides Veronica and Johnny were great! They were a great time. They were patient and very helpful to us beginners lol thank you so much!”
“Had a good time driving a Vespa through Tuscany. The winery visit and dinner afterwards were lovely.”
“Best thing we did while in Florence! Claudia and Nicole were the best guides. We had plenty of time on the vespas and the two wineries were so interesting!”
“Our Vespa tour was unbelievable!! Best part of our 13 day trip through Italy by far. Paula and Erica led our tour and were both super friendly and patient with our group. I recommend Them both for any touring events!”
Want to share this experience just with your partner or your family?
Discover our PRIVATE TOUR proposals.