Learn how to prepare the two most iconic Italian specialties
- Learn how to make pizzas from a professional “pizzaiolo” chef
- See how traditional Sicilian “sfincione” is made
- Enjoy an unforgettable family experience in the heart of Palermo
- Taste premium wines and olive oil (adults only)
- Make delicious pizza and gelato anytime thanks to a handy recipe booklet
MON to SAT at 6 PM
From 1st April to 31st October
A trip to Italy without eating pizza and gelato is a trip wasted. So how about learning to cook both of these famous dishes at an Italian cooking class which doubles up as an unforgettable day out for families?
There’s nowhere better to eat pizza than Italy - and there’s nowhere better to learn how to make it either. However, we’re not in Naples so you will have the chance to learn not only how to make the traditional Italian pizza, but also a sample of the typical Palermo kind of pizza, called a “sfincione”, which means thick sponge, thanks to a demonstration by your chef. Pay attention while your pizzaiolo makes the dough and see if you can pick up any useful tips.
Once you’ve made your dough, it has to rest for a short time. We’ve got something to fill that time though - gelato! You’ll learn to make delicious and fresh pistachio gelato as well as the cone to put it in. While it’s churning, you’ll have an opportunity to learn more about the history of Italian ice cream. And any adults on the tour will be able to sample some premium wines and olive oils at this point too.
What would be the point of a cooking class in Italy if you didn’t all come round the table at the end and enjoy a delicious meal?! Eat your tasty sfincione, round it off with the pistachio ice cream and have fun with your family and the others you’ve met on the tour. And that’s not the end of the class! As a memento of your fun afternoon, you’ll get a recipe booklet and graduation certificate so you can impress all your friends back home.
- Pizza and gelato lesson with local chefs
- Demonstration of "sfincione" making (pizza palermintana)
- Use of apron and cooking utensils
- All ingredients for pizza and gelato making
- Dinner with wine and Marsala wine (soft drinks for children)
- Graduation certificate
- Digital booklet for recipes
Piazza Giuseppe Verdi, Palermo. Look for our tour leader in front of the gate and next to the stairs.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.
THIS TOUR IS NOT SUITABLE FOR CELIACS.
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
This tour runs rain or shine.