Among all the Tuscany bike tours, discover the original one! Explore the world of Wine, riding a bike through the Tuscany countryside.
- The first and original ONE-DAY BIKE TOUR of TUSCANY
- The most natural, dynamic and fun way to discover the marvellous Tuscany countryside
- Visit two wineries and learn about wine and olive oil production
- Enjoy a delicious typical Tuscan lunch with wine tasting!
- Suitable for anyone, either pros or wannabe bikers! (minivan support always available)
EVERY DAY - departures available at 9AM,10AM, 2PM or 3PM
Discover the world of wine, riding a bike through the Tuscany countryside.
Immerse your senses. Feel the cool breeze on your face. Smell the sweet scents of pure nature through vineyards and olive groves. Relax to the quiet sounds of this ancient land. Taste the exciting flavors of Tuscan wines. Discover the world of wine, riding a bike through the Tuscany countryside. A once-in-a-lifetime experience that will let you enjoy a small-group exclusive wine tour in the most nature-oriented way: riding a bike through the gentle hills of Chianti wine region.
This professionally guided wine tour and fully supported bike ride in the Tuscany countryside begins with a comfortable shuttle transportation out of the busy city center. In about 25 minutes you’ll reach the starting point for your bike ride, immersed in the Chianti wine region. Riding the bicycles, we will lead you along scenic countryroads hemmed in ancient olive groves and vineyards. Tuscan hilltops and hillside villa estates are all part of the breathtaking panoramic views you will see as you ride your bike through the heart of Tuscany. Stops for photo opportunities will be made along the way. You will visit two wineries, completely different in their settings and approach: a famous winery with its spectacular cellar, producing some of the most renowned Chianti wines, and a small fascinating boutique winery. Learn the techniques of production, ageing, storing and bottling wine and olive oil. Once back at the ride starting point, you will enjoy a typical Tuscan lunch in a restaurant, immersed in nature, tasting the incredible wines of the wineries you just visited (both wineries boast international recognitions and awards), and learning wine pairing.
The Tuscany bike tour itinerary includes flat, downhill and uphill sections, to give you a complete variety of views and biking experiences. Having a van always following the group, you can decide yourself how you want to approach the biking part of this experience. If you feel fit enough, you can join it as an intermediate level bike ride, with some interesting uphill sections. If you want to join it in a more relaxed mode, you can still enjoy most of the biking itinerary (just the flat and downhill sections), relying on the van assistance for the couple of short uphill parts. An interesting booklet on wine and the Chianti territory will be your memory to bring home.
Mileage: 10 miles round-trip (about 15 kms)
Terrain: Mostly paved back roads with very little traffic, some white roads
Difficulty: INTERMEDIATE (can be done in EASY MODE, mostly downhill, using the minivan support to help in the few short uphill sections)
The Tuscany bike tour is not permitted for children under 14.
- Transportation IN/OUT town
- 21 and 24-speed hybrid bikes
- Water Bottle
- Professional tour escort
- Minivan support
- Guided tour of 2 wineries and their cellars
- Wine and Olive Oil Tasting in Tuscany countryside
- Tuscan Lunch
- Wine and territory booklet
FLORENCETOWN TOURS & NEWS STAND - Piazza della Repubblica (next to the APPLE STORE under the arches, corner with Via Pellicceria) - Florence - SEE ON MAP
Children under 13 y.o. are not allowed.
The itinerary is an intermediate level but can be done in EASY MODE, mostly downhill, using the minivan support to help in the few short uphill sections.
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
TUSCANY BIKE TOUR
The tour runs rain or shine (but please see below).
We will do our best to proceed with the tours, avoiding the rain and thus possibly carrying out the tour with our minivan until and if the rain should stop. If it does not stop raining, the entire tour will be conducted in the safety and comfort of the minivan.
Guest options on rainy days:
1) Proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather - with the understanding that no refund or discount will be given if bikes are not ridden due to rain, or if the bike tour is abbreviated due to rain. We will do our best to get you on a bike, weather permitting.
2) Rain check to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company.
Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority, and proper rain gear is mandatory for guests choosing to "ride in the rain".
No-shows will not be refunded.