Enjoy Driving One of the Italian Icons Through the Tuscan Countryside!
- do not miss the opportunity to drive an original vintage FIAT 500
- enjoy a delicious olive oil tasting and 2 wineries visit!
- savour a sumptuous lunch in fascinating location
- A traditional and authentic Tuscan meal awaits you at a family-run winery
- Discover Italy while riding a vintage icon through the Tuscan landscapes
EVERY DAY available from 8 AM to 10 AM
Fascinating and fun classic wheels, vineyards and olive groves, prestigious wineries: the Tuscan countryside experienced at its best!
Meet your guide in the city center and then reach the marvelous Tuscan countryside with an approx. 30 min. ride on a comfortable minivan. Receive an orientation on the basic Italian street rules and on how to perfectly drive your classic FIAT 500 car and its manual gearshift. Depart with the car actual tour, following the tour leader in front of you thru breath-taking Tuscan landscapes, gentle Chianti rolling hills framed by cypress trees and enriched by vineyards and olive groves, will be the spectacular views around you. Several stops for photo opportunities will be made along the way. Visit a historic winery, enjoying a guided tour of its ancient cellars, and learn all the secrets of wine production. Then reach a family-run boutique winery, to experience the differences in their approach to wine making. A delicious Tuscan meal will then await you back where you will get off the cars and relax savoring typical products and recipes as well as some of the wines from the wineries you just visited (no drink and drive on the tour!). The minivan will then bring you back to the city center, after the most memorable experience: a Tuscany discovery on an Italian vintage icon, the FIAT 500 classic car.
IMPORTANT NOTE: A valid driving license is required, and you must be at least 18 years of age to drive, at least 6 years to be a passenger. Previous experience in using a manual transmission (clutch pedal and stick shift gear) is required. Alternatives will be given to participants that will prove not able to drive a manual transmission.
• Roundtrip transportation by minivan to/from departure point
• Original vintage FIAT 500 classic cars
• 3 course Tuscan lunch with wine tasting (only after the drive)
• Olive oil tasting
• Guided tour of 2 wineries and their cellars
• Professional Tour Escort
• Minivan support during the whole itinerary (6 hours at disposal)
FLORENCETOWN TOURS & NEWS STAND - Piazza della Repubblica (next to the APPLE STORE under the loggias, corner with Via Pellicceria) - Florence - SEE ON MAP
- A valid driving license is required, make sure you have it with you on the tour, and you must be at least 18 years of age to drive, at least 6 years to be a passenger. Novice drivers (one year after obtaining the license) cannot drive alone but must be accompanied by an older licensed throughout the entire driving.
- Previous experience in using a manual transmission (clutch pedal and stick shift gear) is required. The tour operator reserves the right of final judgement in client participation of actual car driving, or to discontinue car use at any point of the tour. Any participant unable to drive cars safely may ride as passengers in a car, or continue the tour on board one of our support vehichles (the Tuscany Tuk Tuk or the minivan, depending which is available). Or try driving a VESPA scooter instead. NO REFUND will be granted in this case. OUR FIRST AND FOREMOST CONCERN IS EVERYONE’S SAFETY.
- A THIRD-PARTY insurance for civil liability is INCLUDED in the price of the tour. Please note that clients will be given the option to subscribe an additional insurance against vehicle damages.
- Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
- Please note that Italy's law doesn't permit selling alcoholic beverage to teens under 18 y.o. so clients under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages.
This tour runs rain or shine.