Explore the Tuscan countryside aboard an Italian icon
- Discover the Chianti hills from a fascinating viewpoint: aboard an iconic Vespa!
- Cruise the country roads, see meadows, vineyards and olive groves
- Visit two Chianti wineries learn about wine and winemaking techniques
- Savor fine typical fare in a fascinating boutique winery
MON, WED, FRI, SAT, SUN at 9.00am / April 2022 to Oct 2022 Everyday at 9.00AM and 2.30PM / November 2022 Mon to Sat at 9.00AM
ITALIAN, ENGLISH, GERMAN, FRENCH, SPANISH
The most exciting and quintessentially Italian tour of all times: a memorable Private Vespa Tour in the Tuscan countryside. Explore the legendary Chianti hillside, with its delightful villages and dazzling wineries, journeying along cypress-lined roads aboard a rumbling vintage Vespa!
Meet your private dedicated English-speaking driver and travel to the convened meeting point in the Chianti hills. Your professional tour escort, a friendly English-speaking expert, and shiny state-of-the-art Vespas will be waiting for you, for an (important) orientation briefing on basic Italian street rules and how to drive your Vespa. Once you feel secure off you go, with a smile on your face and the fresh breeze above.
Take in the best of the rolling Tuscan countryside journeying along evocative roads: the landscape, truly idyllic, showcases a never-ending extent of silvery olive groves and vineyards dotted by honey-colored stone farmhouses and parish churches. Stop at a splendid historic winery along the way, see the cellars and grounds and learn about the local winemaking heritage. Journey on, to a fascinating estate comprising a winery and country restaurant. Meet the in-house winery staff and explore! Visit the cellars and learn about the techniques and aging phases which lead to creating a great blend. Crown your day with a luscious Tuscan lunch, savoring local traditional recipes and gourmet olive oil paired with the best estate wines.
- To ride an AUTHENTIC PIAGGIO VESPA, the Italian design icon, choose the "SINGLE" option.
- GET THE ENDOUBLE VESPA AND BRING YOUR PASSENGER! (option "DOUBLE")
- Service is operated with original PIAGGIO 50cc scooters (with NO gears). We also provide APE CALESSINO (3 wheeled Vespa, driven by a tour leader) as alternative if you do not feel comfortable driving.
Mileage: about 19 miles round-trip (30 kms)
Terrain: Mostly paved countryroads with little traffic.
Difficulty: Easy. Average speed 25 km/h (15 mls/h). Minivan support always guaranteed
A valid driver's license is required (you need to have it with you on the tour) and you must be at least 18 years of age. However, you do not need a motorcycle license. If you do not feel comfortable driving, you can choose to ride as a passenger with your partner.
- The first and original VESPA tour in Italy!
- Roundtrip transportation by minivan to/from departure point
- 50cc original PIAGGIO VESPA
- Typical Tuscan meal
- Wine and olive oil tasting
- Guided tour of 2 wineries and their cellars
- Professional Tour Escort
- Support vehicles (minivan or Tuscany Tuk-Tuk)
- Free subscription to our Food & Wine Club (25-Euro value), to access special discounts online on wine and typical products
FLORENCETOWN BOOKING OFFICE - Piazza Mentana 2red - Florence - SEE ON MAP
A valid driving license is required and need to be presented on the day of the tour (although you do not need a motorcycle license) and you must be at least 18 years of age to drive, at least 13 years to be a passenger.
Previous experience is not required but advantageous and highly advised. We reserve the right of final judgement in client participation of actual scooter driving or in client being a passenger, or to discontinue scooter use at any point of the tour. Any participant unable to drive scooters safely may ride double with a partner, or on the guide’s scooter if available or continue the tour on board one of our support vehicles (the Tuscany Tuk Tuk or the minivan, depending which is available) if unable to be a safe passenger as well. NO REFUNDS will be granted in this case. OUR FIRST AND FOREMOST CONCERN IS EVERYONE’S SAFETY.
This tour option entitles client to ride the original PIAGGIO VESPAs.
A THIRD-PARTY insurance for civil liability is INCLUDED in the price of the tour. Please note that clients will be given the option to subscribe an additional insurance against vehicle damages.
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
IMPORTANT We inform all our guests that from August 06th 2021 every European Community citizens must show the Green Pass, as well as a document of recognition at the entrance of the main Italian monuments and museums as well as every indoor bar and restaurant
For guests arriving from outside Europe it will be required:
- a document of recognition
- a proof of Covid vaccination, or the negative result of the Covid test 48 hrs prior the museum entrance.
Those who do not possess the above mentioned documents will NOT be able to enter. No exceptions or refund will be made.
The tour departure will never be cancelled due to rain.
We will do our best to proceed with the tour, avoiding the rain and thus possibly carrying out the tour with our minivan until and if the rain should stop and street conditions will guarantee a safe ride. If it does not stop raining, the entire tour will be conducted in the safety and comfort of the minivan.
Guest options on rainy days:
1) Proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather – PARTIAL RIDE or NO RIDE due to heavy RAIN
Customers can decide to proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather with the understanding that if scooters are not ridden at all due to rain, or if the Vespa tour is dramatically abbreviated due to rain, customers will NOT be granted any refund or discount. We will do our best to get you on a scooter, weather permitting.
2) Rain check (of the same amount clients paid) to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company. Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority, and proper rain gear is mandatory for guests choosing to "ride in the rain".
We ask clients to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour departure, to check the weather conditions and choose accordingly. No-shows will not be refunded.