Cycling through the Cradle of the Renaissance
- The first and original ONE-DAY BIKE TOUR of Florence
- The PERFECT INTRODUCTION to the city center
- A delicious and refreshing GELATO (Italian ice-cream) is included!
- Original vintage bikes, comfortable and well mantained
- Safety! Florence city center is mainly pedestrian
- Fun & Entertaining... learn more with less effort!
EVERY DAY - departures available from 9AM to 4PM
Looking for an enjoyable and entertaining way to discover Florence’s authentic soul? Discover the magic of the “cradle of the Renaissance” leisurely, cycling up and down the picturesque cobblestone alleys and through the piazzas! Meet your dedicated English-speaking guide, a fun charismatic expert, helmets on and set off, to explore one of the world’s most enchanting towns. Led by your experienced guide you will be able to admire main landmarks and major sights, stop for evocative photos and catch unexpected views of the Arno river, crisscrossed by evocative bridges and framed by grand palaces. During the tour you will be able to learn all about Florence’s eventful history and centuries-old heritage and hear about its fascinating legends and colorful traditions. During the tour enjoy a refreshing break at the best ice-cream shop in town and indulge your taste buds with a wonderfully creamy Italian gelato. Ideal for fun-loving families, couples and groups of friends visiting Florence for the first time, as for more experienced travelers, our
City Bike Tour is the most diverting, enlightening and fun way to discover the best of Florence!
Note for FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN: minimum age to ride a regular adult bike is 12 years old. For younger participants we can provide child seats (children 1 to 3), children bikes, tagalongs or trailers or tandems (for taller/older children).
• State-of-the-art bicycles and helmets
• English-speaking specialized guide for 3 hours
• ½ lt water bottle
• Stop for gelato (or coffee/cappuccino)
FLORENCETOWN BOOKING OFFICE - Piazza Mentana 2red - Florence - SEE ON MAP
The itinerary is flat and not challenging but please note that a normal biking skill is required.
Please note we do not visit the inside of monuments and museums.
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
CHILDREN POLICY: Families with children are welcome to join the tour! We have all the options for bikers any age as well as families.
For younger kids (0-5 yo) we provide child seats (for free). We can accomodate children 6-8 yo on child seats or bike trailers. We then have another option to accomodate persons any age: tandem bikes (2 seats), for an adult and a second person any age from 9yo and above. Over 12 your kids can bike on an individual bike (no reduction will be applied in this case).
The tour runs rain or shine (but please see below).
The tour will never be cancelled due to rain. We will do our best to proceed with the bike tour, however, in case of heavy rain, we might decide to stop the bike tour and proceed with a walking tour instead (or just start with a walking tour if the weather does not allow to use the bikes at the time of the meeting point). Should the weather get better during the tour, we will try to get back on board, when possible.
Guest options on rainy days:
1) Proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather - with the understanding that no refund or discount will be given if bikes are not ridden due to rain, or if the bike tour is abbreviated due to rain. We will do our best to get you on a bike, weather permitting.
2) Rain check (of the same amount clients paid) to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company.
Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority, and proper rain gear is mandatory for guests choosing to "ride in the rain".
No-shows will not be refunded.