Explore the Tuscan countryside aboard an Italian icon
- Discover TUSCANY on board an ITALIAN ICON: a VESPA!
- RIDE in countryroads through OLIVE GROVES and VINEYARDS
- The first and original tour among the other Vespa Tours in Italy: 20,000+ happy clients!
- Visit two WINERIES and learn about WINE and OLIVE-OIL production
- Enjoy a typical Tuscan LUNCH (or dinner)
EVERY DAY at 9AM and 2PM
The most exciting, entertaining and quintessentially Italian tour of all times: the first and foremost countryside Vespa Tour. Join the Vespa Club, live the Italian Dolce Vita!
Explore, take photos, visit a fascinating winery and savor the best of Tuscan cuisine. Our signature Vespa Tour leads you
down country roads, along meadows and vineyards to admire breathtaking views and discover the local heritage in an
unusual and diverting way. Meet your private dedicated English-speaking driver at your hotel and travel to the convened
meeting point in the Chianti hills. Your professional tour escort, a friendly English-speaking expert, and shiny state-of-the-art Vespas will be waiting for you, for an (important) orientation briefing on basic Italian street rules and how to drive your Vespa. Once you feel at ease whizz off, following your guide through the Chianti hills! Take in the best of the rolling Tuscan countryside journeying along evocative roads: the landscape, truly idyllic, showcases a never-ending extent of silvery olive groves and vineyards dotted by honey-colored stone farmhouses and parish churches. Stop at a country property along the way, to learn about the local gastronomic heritage and enjoy a typical product tasting. Then travel on, and reach a fascinating estate comprising a winery and country restaurant. Meet the expert winery staff and explore! See the grounds and cellars and learn about the techniques and aging phases which lead to a great wine. Crown your day with a luscious Tuscan light lunch, local traditional recipes paired with the best estate wines (no worries: your private driver will drive you back to town!)
Mileage: about 19 miles round-trip (30 kms)
Terrain: Mostly paved countryroads with little traffic.
Difficulty: Easy. Average speed 25 km/h (15 mls/h). Minivan support always guaranteed
• Private Mercedes vehicle with English-speaking driver from/to meeting point and at disposal for 6 hours
throughout the day (for transfer back and support if/as needed)
• Vespa rental: options are driving your own single Vespa or sharing it with your partner (double Vespa) as passenger
• Scenic guided Vespa tour led by a professional English-speaking escort
• Visit to a local country property and tasting of typical product (olive oil or fresh baked schiacciata or cheese or
cured meats etc… depending on season/day)
• Typical Tuscan light lunch with wine pairing in a winery restaurant
FLORENCETOWN TOURS & NEWS STAND - Piazza della Repubblica (next to the APPLE STORE under the arches, corner with Via Pellicceria) - Florence - SEE ON MAP
A valid driving license is required(although you do not need a motorcycle license) and you must be at least 18 years of age to drive, at least 13 years to be a passenger.
Previous experience is not required but advantageous and highly advised. We reserve the right of final judgement in client participation of actual scooter driving or in client being a passenger, or to discontinue scooter use at any point of the tour. Any participant unable to drive scooters safely may ride double with a partner, or on the guide’s scooter if available or continue the tour on board one of our support vehicles. NO REFUNDS will be granted in this case. OUR FIRST AND FOREMOST CONCERN IS EVERYONE’S SAFETY.
The tour is run with authentic PIAGGIO VESPAs, but clients can choose the SMART option which will have them ride a PIAGGIO ZIP scooter.
A THIRD-PARTY insurance for civil liability AND an additional insurance against vehicle damages are INCLUDED in the price of the tour.
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
The tour runs rain or shine (but please see below).
The tour departure will never be cancelled due to rain. We will do our best to proceed with the tours, avoiding the rain and thus possibly carrying out the tour with our minivan until and if the rain should stop and street conditions will guarantee a safe ride. If it does not stop raining, the entire tour will be conducted in the safety and comfort of the minivan.
Guest options on rainy days:
1) Proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather – PARTIAL RIDE or NO RIDE due to heavy RAIN
Customers can decide to proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather with the understanding that if scooters are not ridden at all due to rain, or if the Vespa tour is dramatically abbreviated due to rain, customers will NOT be granted any refund or discount. We will do our best to get you on a scooter, weather permitting.
2) Rain check to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company.
Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority, and proper rain gear is mandatory for guests choosing to "ride in the rain".
No-shows will not be refunded.