A flavorful Florentine bicycle promenade
- The PERFECT INTRODUCTION to the city center
- Delicious and savory Tuscan specialties such as gelato and pastries are included!
- Enjoy original vintage bikes, comfortable and well mantained
- Safety! Florence city center is mainly pedestrian
- Fun & Entertaining... learn more with less effort!
EVERY DAY from 9AM to 4PM
Discover Florence’s city center’s treasures, striking views and typical food from an unusual viewpoint: by bike! Cycle off leisurely, escorted by your dedicated English speaking private guide, through ancient streets lined with mysterious Medieval palaces. Our “Bikes & Bites” tour allows you, and your friends or family, to admire stunning world-celebrated landmarks - such as Pitti Palace, the Ponte Vecchio, the Duomo - and history-filled squares, stopping along the way to indulge your taste buds with bites of the best, and most authentic, local flavors. Savor bites of the best Tuscan specialties: lush cheeses, tantalizing cured meats, rich Espresso coffee and delectable sweets and of course zesty olive oil and the creamiest artisan-made gelato!
Perfect for families with children and groups of friends, our “Bikes & Bites” tour may be customized as desired to fit your
desires and needs, built according to special-focus itineraries or to include special tastings (sommelier-guided wine tastings, truffles and chocolates etc.) or lunch.
• Private professional licensed English-speaking guide for 3 hours
• Bicycles and helmets for all participants (children’s bikes and helmets available)
• Tastings as described: cheese and cured meats, olive oil, coffee and pastries, gelato
• We can deliver the bikes directly to your Hotel to start the tour from there.
• We can provide E-bikes
People on this tour: min1 - max6
FLORENCETOWN TOURS & NEWS STAND - Piazza della Repubblica (next to the APPLE STORE under the loggias, corner with Via Pellicceria) - Florence - SEE ON MAP
The itinerary is flat and not challenging but please note that a normal biking skill is required.
Please note we do not visit the inside of monuments and museums.
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
CHILDREN POLICY: Families with children are welcome to join the tour! We have all the options for bikers any age as well as families.
For younger kids (0-5 yo) we provide child seats (for free). We can accomodate children 6-8 yo on child seats or bike trailers. We then have another option to accomodate persons any age: tandem bikes (2 seats), for an adult and a second person any age from 9yo and above. Over 12 your kids can bike on an individual bike (no reduction will be applied in this case).
The tour runs rain or shine (but please see below).
The tour will never be cancelled due to rain. We will do our best to proceed with the bike tour, however, in case of heavy rain, we might decide to stop the bike tour and proceed with a walking tour instead (or just start with a walking tour if the weather does not allow to use the bikes at the time of the meeting point). Should the weather get better during the tour, we will try to get back on board, when possible.
Guest options on rainy days:
1) Proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather - with the understanding that no refund or discount will be given if bikes are not ridden due to rain, or if the bike tour is abbreviated due to rain. We will do our best to get you on a bike, weather permitting.
2) Rain check (of the same amount clients paid) to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company.
Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority, and proper rain gear is mandatory for guests choosing to "ride in the rain".
No-shows will not be refunded.