An inspiring journey into architecture and spirituality
- Discover the magnificence of Florence cathedral
- Experience masterpieces created by artists such as Michelangelo and Donatello
- Climb all the way up to the top of Brunelleschi’s Dome skipping the long lines!
EVERY DAY (except sundays) from 8AM to 5PM
Discover Florence’s Cathedral, the Duomo, and gain an insider’s view of one of the greatest architectural masterpieces of all times: Brunelleschi’s amazing Cupola! Led by your knowledgeable private English-speaking guide enter the Cathedral, one of the symbols of Florence. Designed by Arnolfo di Cambio, the Duomo is the third largest church in the world and was the largest in Europe when it was completed in the 15th century. Inside, admire different styles which show how tastes changed, discover masterpieces, and find out how the massive self-standing brick dome was built and still stands today, undisturbed by natural calamities and wars, after 600 years. Then ascend to the very top of the Cupola, for a stunning insider’s view of Brunelleschi’s genius and talent. Your guide will lead you into the history and architecture, telling you how the master managed to vault the dome space without any scaffolding, defying gravity and reaching eternity! Crown your experience visiting the Opera del Duomo museum, reopened after an extensive renewal in October 2015, comprises sacred art sculptures and reliefs by the greatest medieval and early Renaissance artists. The collection of masterpieces includes works by Donatello, Michelangelo, Luca della Robbia and Arnolfo di Cambio, a life-size reconstruction of the Duomo’s ancient façade and Ghiberti’s original gilded doors.
• Private professional licensed English-speaking guide for 3 hours
• Visit of the Baptistery and Museum
• Climb the Brunelleschi’s Cupola (very limited availability – To be confirmed upon actual booking)
• Duomo Complex ticket (valid for 72 hours – access to the Cathedral, the Crypt, the Baptistery, the Bell Tower and the Museo dell’Opera del Duomo)
People on this tour: min1 - max12
FLORENCETOWN TOURS & NEWS STAND - Piazza della Repubblica (next to the APPLE STORE under the loggias, corner with Via Pellicceria) - Florence - SEE ON MAP
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
Included in the price of this tour, clients will have the opportunity to visit by themselves other locations of the Great Museum of Duomo Opera complex in the next 48 hours, like the Baptistery, and Giotto's Bell Tower .
Comfortable shoes suggested.
This tour runs rain or shine.