in Chianti Countryside
- Uncover the secrets for the best pizza and gelato in the exclusive atmosphere of a private tour
- Make your own home-made PIZZA from scratch in a fascinating kitchen in the Tuscan countryside
- Learn how gelato (italian ice-cream) is made
- Discover the Chianti Region and the Tuscan countryside
- Taste the Chianti Wine and learn about its production process right where it has been produced for centuries
EVERY DAY available from 9 AM to 6 PM
Our chef will be happy to introduce you to the history of these Italian glorious creations! Make pizza in the oven with our professional pizza chef, called pizzaiolo. You will learn how to make tender, flexible yeast dough that stretches to almost paperthinness, even the trick for a flavorful yet light tomato sauce. Even if you bake pizza in your own oven, these techniques are universal and using them really makes a difference. With the pizzaiolo, you’ll make your very own pizza, you’ll stretch it, sauce it, bake it, slice it. It will be the best pizza you ever tasted, and you made it yourself!
After Pizza it’s time for Gelato! The chef will tell you why gelato remains Italy’s favorite dessert while giving an insight to the ‘gelato culture’ that continues to grow. You will get to know the basic raw ingredients, how to select the best products available according to specific principles and you will have a presentation and tasting of some of the flavors used in gelato making. You will learn about the development and application of natural colors, the heating and freezing techniques and how they have different effects on ingredients.
It is always a great day to discover the recipe of the world most loved dessert!
• Pizza and gelato lesson
• Use of apron and cooking utensils
• All ingredients for cooking
• Dinner with Wine Tastings (soft drinks for children)
FLORENCETOWN TOURS & NEWS STAND - Piazza della Repubblica (next to the APPLE STORE under the loggias, corner with Via Pellicceria) - Florence - SEE ON MAP
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
This tour runs rain or shine.