The best kept secret of Tuscan wine
- Enjoy Tuscan top wines in a very exclusive and private setting
- A full day to explore picture-perfect landscapes and taste world-renowned Super Tuscan wines
- Discover two unique wineries producing the best Super Tuscan wines
EVERY DAY available from 8 AM to 9 AM
Approx. 10 hours
Innovation and tradition, taste and modernity, market and terroir: these are the features a Supertuscan bottle must have. Get to know two of the most famous wine producers in the magical Bolgheri region, deep in wild Maremma. The area is famous for the Viale dei Cipressi (Avenue of Cypresses) described so eloquently in the poem by Giosue Carducci, the first Italian poet to win the Nobel Prize in Literature. The cultivation of wines here was traditionally on a household scale, since Bolgheri is a seaside town. The development of Sassicaia and Ornellaia amongst others utilized new techniques to create the famous IGT Super Tuscan Wines. We will venture to two wineries Tenuta dell’Ornellaia Winery, one of Tuscany’s most historic and respected estates, due to its staunch commitment to the philosophy of quality without compromise and particular climate and terrain. And for a change of pace, enjoy a delicious sea-food lunch in an exclusive beach house for a change of pace. Finally we will go to the Tenuta Argentiera, another before your last stop at a fascinating winery along the charming coast of the Alta Maremma! This small and prestigious DOC Bolgheri area is part of the old estate that once belonged to the noble Florentine Serristori family. Alla salute!
• Mercedes Car or Minivan and English-speaking driver (10 hours at disposal)
• Visit of two wineries that produce IGT Supertuscans
• Wine Tour & Tasting in both properties
• 3 course lunch with leisure time on the coast
FLORENCETOWN TOURS & NEWS STAND - Piazza della Repubblica (next to the APPLE STORE under the loggias, corner with Via Pellicceria) - Florence - SEE ON MAP
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.
This tour runs rain or shine.