An exclusive and thrilling authentic Tuscan experience
- Experience the historical and famous Palio horse race live in Piazza del Campo
- Enjoy a delicious buffet and refreshments throughout the race
- enjoy the race sitting in your private seating
- Convinience of luxury transportation to get you to and from the race
on July 2nd and August 16th at 2PM
on July 2nd and August 16th
Thrilling, dashing, full of genuine prideful zest. The palio di Siena is as much about identity and Sienese pride as it is about the competition: a bareback horse race that lasts, on average, just 75 seconds. Held in honor of the Virgin Mary the race takes place twice a year, on July 2 and August 16. Ten of the city’s seventeen contrade, districts, are represented by a horse and jockey in each race. What’s so unique about this race is that it’s no tourist-board invention, like some of Italy’s supposedly ‘Medieval’ fairs, jousts and pageants and it’s certainly not staged for the benefit of visitors: it has been held in Siena’s Piazza del Campo ever since 1644, and the 40,000 Sienese who crowd into the Campo on race day are largely oblivious of their Italian and international guests.
Join the locals, feel the blood-rush, and experience authentic Tuscan excitement at il Palio! You’re guaranteed an electric atmosphere, and you want to be comfortable to enjoy it all at best. Let us plan it for you, reserving a private terrace or a dedicated window in one of the splendid noble palaces overlooking the square. Watch the historic parade, admiring the bedecked horses and Sienese in period costume, enjoy a delicious buffet and refreshments throughout and hold your breaths: the horses are ready to start off!
Don’t hesitate to contact us to book your exclusive custom-made Palio experience.
• Private Mercedes car or minivan with English-speaking driver for the day
• Private English-speaking escort for the day
• Dedicated terrace or window in a palace overlooking Piazza del Campo
• Refreshments and snacks buffet throughout the race
FLORENCETOWN TOURS & NEWS STAND - Piazza della Repubblica (next to the APPLE STORE under the loggias, corner with Via Pellicceria) - Florence - SEE ON MAP
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
Please advise Florencetown after booking if you have any allergies or special dietary requirements
This tour runs rain or shine.