- Experience first-hand where original Terracotta masterpiees were, and still are, created
- Travel to a charming boutique winery to try wine aged in terracotta jars
- At the end, taste a delicious wine-pairing meal that includes of the best of Tuscany
EVERY DAY (except Sunday and Monday) from 8 AM to 3 PM
Approx. 5.5 hours
Uncover the marvels of local tradition during a journey along the fabulous Terracotta trail! Our signature tour leads you to the discovery of an ancient family-owned firm which produces original Terracotta masterpieces, and their ancient furnace: the very same one where the shingles of the Florence Dome were made! Travel to the Chianti Countryside, a short ride from Florence city center, aboard our comfortable minivan. Enjoy a guided visit to the furnace and find out how the skilled artisans still create works of art, traditional materials used in the construction of residential buildings and villas, as well as interior design and garden accessories such as dividers, vessels, jars, gardener, bins and planters. Then move on to visit a charming biodynamic boutique winery where part of the wine is aged and stored in pure original terracotta jars, and learn about the influence this unique material has in the fermentation and storage of wine. Finally indulge your taste buds with the best of Tuscan specialties during a memorable wine-pairing lunch at the Winery’s restaurant.
• Private transportation from Florence to Impruneta
• Guided visit to the “Antica Fornace Mariani” (inclusive of English professional translator)
• Visit to Impruneta’s charming main square
• Guided Visit to one of the area’s boutique wineries, where part of the wines is aged and stored in jars made in the
• Typical full Tuscan wine-pairing lunch at the winery’s restaurant
FLORENCETOWN TOURS & NEWS STAND - Piazza della Repubblica (next to the APPLE STORE under the loggias, corner with Via Pellicceria) - Florence - SEE ON MAP
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
Please note that Italy's law doesn't permit selling alcoholic beverage to teens under 18 y.o. so clients under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
This tour runs rain or shine.