Explore the roots of an ancient community
- the story of Florence from a totally different and lesser-know perspective!
- Gain entrance to the magnificent Synagogue
- Learn about the history of the Jewish Heritage and influence in Florence from a guided expert
EVERY DAY (except Saturdays) from 9AM to 3PM
What was life like for the Jewish people in Florence when Botticelli painted the Primavera? Or at Galileo’s time? And what is the Jewish community like in Florence today? Florencetown brings you the complete story of Florence from the Jewish perspective, told by an art historian of Jewish origin. Her vast knowledge and storytelling provide an insider’s view of Jewish Florence not found in the guidebooks. The tour starts from the beautiful Synagogue, continuing through the Jewish cemetery and museum, onto the former ghetto and first neighborhood of the Jewish Community in Florence.
• English-speaking licensed guide at disposal for 3 hours
• Entrance to the Florence Synagogue an Jewish Museum
• Walking Tour
FLORENCETOWN TOURS & NEWS STAND - Piazza della Repubblica (next to the APPLE STORE under the loggias, corner with Via Pellicceria) - Florence - SEE ON MAP
Wear comfortable walking shoes.
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
This tour runs rain or shine.