A relaxed walk through the Chianti Wine region
- The most natural way to discover the Tuscan countryside with the personalized attention of a private tour
- Hike through olive groves and vineyards
- Discover an ancient olive oil mill and a boutique winery
- Savour the wonderful products of this land: olive oil, wine and typical Tuscan products for lunch
EVERY DAY available from 8 AM to 10 AM
The Private hiking tour will provide a great overview of the Chianti wine region. The activity starts right in the city center of Florence where you will be shuttled out of the city in just 20 minutes. We head to the beautiful countryside where the trail starts.
You will reach an olive oil mill in an ancient noble estate, where you will enjoy a guided tour of their spaces in a unique mix of ancient and modern setting, learning about the processes involved in producing olive oil. A taste of their gourmet olive oil will reveal all the incredible flavors that their passion and work generate. A friendly environmental guide will then guide you around this area that is characterized by a continues alternation of valleys and gentle hills cloaked in vines and olives, but also of harsh peaks covered in woods of oaks, chestnuts, cypresses and pines. This area is dense of warm materials such as limestone, pietra serena and terracotta. The itinerary includes many photo opportunities along the way and some interesting information about the history of this spectacular territory full of great landscapes and amazing views, little ancient churches and medieval towers. The glorious hike trail ends at a boutique winery, where you will get to visit their cellar and understand the wine-making process. A delicious typical Tuscan lunch is then served, paired with a taste of elegant wines.
• Car or Minivan at disposal
• English-speaking environmental guide (6 hours at disposal)
• Guided visit to an olive oil mill and olive oil tasting
• Guided visit of a boutique winery
• Light Tuscan Lunch with wine tasting
• Water bottle
FLORENCETOWN TOURS & NEWS STAND - Piazza della Repubblica (next to the APPLE STORE under the loggias, corner with Via Pellicceria) - Florence - SEE ON MAP
Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them
This tour runs rain or shine.
In case of heavy rain we reserve the final decision to stop the hiking and proceed in the comfort of a minivan instead. No refund will be granted in this case